Specifically, with this ARC site you can learn how to:
- Conceptualize how data management, research and evaluation support your own work
- Access reliable databases
- Develop a knowledge mobilization strategy for your work
- Assess the quality of claims being made in research reports
- Create a logic model
- Conceptualize how data, research, and evaluation support the policy and programming activities in your school or school board
Most importantly, this site is a repository of information and links to expert sources that will live and grow as we all use it.
Who should use the Applied Research Capacity Site?
Why use the Applied Research Capacity Site?
Need more help?
If you would like to learn at your own pace, feel free to explore the topics on the navigation bar at your convenience.
- What data do we have on “x” topic in our school, or school board?
- I want to share this evidence with others.
- How do I do a survey?
- I need to gather everything out there about “x”
- Has someone already done work on this topic?
- I don’t know whether to do a rapid scan, annotated bibliography, or literature review: how do I decide?
- Is this research report reliable?
- How do I hire someone to do a research study on “x” topic for us?
- I need to do a literature review
- How can I find out whether our program is working?
- I need to know how to do a focus group.
- What does this term mean?